Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys of Williams Kherkher can help you. We have over three decades of experience helping people just like you who have been hurt or lost a loved one in a severe motorcycle accident. We have recovered billions of dollars on behalf of our clients, and we are ready to help you secure the just and fair compensation that you are owed. Don’t wait until it is too late to file your claim, contact us at (888) 220-0640 today.
When a motorcyclist collides with another vehicle, the results can be life-threatening and can have a lasting effect on the health and livelihood of the individuals involved. Due to the relatively small size of motorcycles and the lack of protection provided to the rider, the motorcyclists can often suffer serious injuries if they are involved in an accident. A motorcycle accident can cause significant emotional and financial strain on your family. To secure the full and fair amount that you are due, you will need an experienced attorney on your side.
The next steps you take following your accident are crucial to ensure that you will receive proper compensation. Our award-winning trial attorneys have been assisting families like yours for over three decades. If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, contact an attorney at (888) 220-0640 for a free consultation today.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is essential to seek help from an experienced and dedicated motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected. At Williams Kherkher we offer our clients relentless representation to help our clients achieve the best possible outcome. Navigating the legal system can be impossible alone, so our experienced attorneys will assist you every step of the way to ensure that you get the compensation and justice you deserve.
We understand that after an accident you may be anxious, confused, and unsure of where to turn for help. At Williams Kherkher, we will thoroughly investigate the crash, consult with medical professionals about your injuries, and will handle all of the necessary paperwork and phone calls on your behalf while you focus on what is most important: recovering from your injuries and concentrate on your family.
Why Should I Choose Williams Kherkher to Handle my Case?
The experienced trial attorneys at Williams Kherkher have over three decades of experience helping people just like you who have been hurt in an accident. Our nationally-recognized team of lawyers has recovered billions in compensation for cases just like yours. In fact, our attorneys worked to obtain the largest settlement in U.S. history. We provide our clients with the competent and aggressive legal representation to achieve the best possible outcome of your case. We work on a contingency basis, which means that we do not get paid unless we win your case. We have spent decades standing up for personal injury victims and their families, and we are ready to help you. Call us today at (888) 220-0640, chat live with us on our website or fill out a contact form to schedule your free consultation with us today.
Types of Cases We Handle
We understand how devastating and stressful dealing with a severe motorcycle accident can be, so we are here to assist you every step of the way. Our attorneys have experience handling a wide variety of cases including:
- Drunk Drivers– Drinking and driving can be devastating for everyone involved. A drunk driver is a negligent driver. If a person gets behind the wheel while they are drunk, they are responsible for any accidents or damages caused. If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident caused by a drunk driver, may be owed compensation for your injuries.
- Diver Error– Driver errors often occur when a driver is careless behind the wheel. A driving error can occur due to distractions in the car such as texting and driving, passengers, animals in the car, eating and drinking while driving, and driving while drowsy.
- Vehicle Defects– Vehicle manufacturers have the responsibility to provide safe vehicles to their consumers. If you have been injured due to a negligent motorcycle manufacturer, you may be able to hold them responsible for your injuries and to ensure that similar accidents do not happen to others.
- Roadway Defects– Due to the small size and design of a motorcycle, roadway defects can be even more damaging to a motorcycle than to a regular motor vehicle. Thus, in the case of a road defect or unsafe road condition, there must be signs to indicate the conditions ahead. If your accident was caused by a hazardous road condition or a road defect was not indicated adequately with a warning, then you may be able to file a claim against the local or state government to recover compensation for your accident.
Who is at fault for my accident?
Depending on the specific details of your accident, some parties could be responsible for your accident. Due to the sheer size of a motorcycle, injuries caused by accident could be devastating. Whether you are in a crash with another motor vehicle or if unsafe roadways cause your accident, it is essential to seek legal counsel to determine the best course of action for your case. The following entities might be held liable for a crash:
- Local or State Government– often, the government is responsible for maintaining safe roadways. This is very important for motorcycles because unsafe or improper roadways are more likely to cause motorcycle accidents. If there is a dangerous condition on the road, the government has the responsibility to erect a sign to identify the road condition ahead properly.
- Another Driver– In the case of an accident with another motor vehicle, the other driver may be responsible for the crash if they behaved negligently and the accident could have been avoided. Distracted driving, especially, comes in many forms and can often have damaging effects for others involved in a collision with a negligent driver. Drivers are required to share the road with motorcycles, but due to the small size of a motorcycle, sometimes a driver may not see the cyclists. Therefore, drivers must take extra precaution when driving near motorcycles.
- Manufacturer– Manufacturers have the responsibility to develop safe products. Unfortunately, however, unsafe or faulty products make it to market, and this can cause serious accidents. A manufacturer can be held liable for a crash caused by a defective or unsafe product. By pursuing a claim against a manufacturer, you are not only seeking financial compensation for damages but also holding them accountable so that it will not happen to anyone else.
Do I need to wear a helmet?
Failure to wear a helmet can sometimes contribute to serious, life-threatening injuries; therefore, it is essential to wear a helmet at all times while operating or riding a motorcycle. Texas state law requires all motorcycle riders to wear a helmet with one exception. If an individual is over 21 years of age and has completed a Motorcycle Operator Training Course and has at least $10,000 in medical insurance coverage, then the rider is not legally required to wear a helmet. In the case of an accident, wearing a helmet, however, can save your life and ultimately help to prevent any brain-related injuries. If you were injured in a crash and were not wearing a helmet, you may still be eligible to file a personal injury claim, so contact an experienced motorcycle attorney today.
Do I have a wrongful death claim?
Losing a loved one is never easy. If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, seeking legal help may be the last thing on your mind. However, we are here to assist you during this hard time to recover financial compensation that will help you and your family avoid unnecessary financial strain in addition to your grief. If a negligent party caused the accident that cost you the companionship of your loved one, then you may be eligible to pursue a wrongful death claim. Seeking legal action will help bring your family the justice and compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are devastating statistics concerning motorcycle accidents and fatalities in the United States. The NHTSA reports the following statists regarding motorcycles:
- In 2013, 4,668 motorcyclists were killed in the United States, and although this is a 6-percent decrease from 2012, these numbers indicate that there are still too many lives lost on our roads and highways.
- Additionally, there were another 88,000 motorcyclists injured during 2013 a 5-percent decrease from 2012.
- Twenty-five percent of fatal crashes in 2013 were riding without a valid motorcycle license.
- Forty percent of motorcycle riders who died in single-vehicle crashes in 2013 were alcohol-impaired
- NHTSA estimates that 1,630 motorcyclists’ lives could have been saved if they had worn a helmet.
Williams Kherkher Will Fight For You
The period following a motorcycle crash can be very stressful emotionally, physically, and financially. However, our attorneys at Williams Kherkher are here to fight for you. We will assist you every step of the way through the legal process by providing you with experienced and relentless legal representation. We are dedicated to helping you get the financial compensation and justice that you need.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident or lost a family member due to a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at Williams Kherkher. Call us today at (888) 220-0640 for a free consultation and let us help you get the justice you deserve.