Texas Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident in Houston or anywhere in Texas, the experienced bike accident attorneys at Williams Kherkher are here to help you. We understand the pain and financial strain that a serious injury can have on your life, and we are here to assist you in securing the compensation you are owed so that you can move on with your life.
We firmly believe that no one should have to pay out of pocket for the reckless actions of another person. The medical expenses you have incurred, the wages you lost from time off of work, and the other costs that you have had to pay should not fall on your shoulders. The person who caused the accident, whether it was the driver of a vehicle, the city or municipality you were in, or any other party that acted recklessly and caused you harm should be held responsible, and justice should be served.
The experienced team at Williams Kherkher have decades of experience helping people just like you who have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. We are committed to fighting for our clients’ rights, and we never back down from a fight. You have been hurt, and we are here to help, so call us at (888) 220-0640 to speak with an attorney today.
Do I Need a Bike Accident Attorney?
Navigating the legal system alone can be confusing without the experience and guidance of an attorney. If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to a bicycle accident, it is essential to seek legal counsel right away. An experienced attorney will help you understand your rights and will fight on behalf of you and your family to make sure that justice is served and the responsible party is held accountable for their actions.
You are unlikely to receive the compensation you are entitled to without the help of an experienced bike accident lawyer. Remember, the insurance companies often do not have your best interests in mind and will try to give you the least amount of compensation that they can, to save themselves money. Williams Kherkher has extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and we will take care of all of the legal issues while you focus on recovering from the accident.
Why Choose Williams Kherkher to Handle Your Case?
We understand that you may be unsure of what to do after a serious bicycle accident and we are here to help you. We have the experience and track record of success that you need on your side. Williams Kherkher has over 25 years of experience representing a variety of clients against the largest companies in the world. There is no case too small or too large for our firm. Most importantly, we provide the same commitment and dedication to every case we encounter. We have a history of building strong cases for our clients and our results are a testament to our success on their behalf.
Our attorneys at Williams Kherkher have recovered billions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Choosing an experienced attorney is crucial to ensuring that you get the compensation and justice you deserve. Our experienced team is here to help you in your time of need.
Types of Bicycle Accidents We Handle
Bicycle accidents happen for many reasons; therefore, we handle a wide variety of claims. We believe that you should not have to suffer due to someone else’s negligence. We could help you if you were hurt in an accident caused by:
- Driver Error- Driver errors are devastating because they can often be avoided. Distracted driving especially can have serious if not fatal consequences. Driver errors include but are not limited to: texting and driving, eating and drinking while driving, driving while tired, and failure to follow fundamental traffic laws. If you have been injured due to a distracted driver, you may be eligible to pursue compensation.
- Traffic Violations- With millions of Texans biking each year, it is crucial for drivers to share the road and follow proper traffic laws to ensure that no one gets hurt. However, not all drivers consider bicyclists while driving. Bicyclists are responsible for following fundamental traffic laws, so motor vehicles are responsible for sharing the road and following all of the proper traffic laws in regards to bicyclists.
- Bike Malfunctions- Bicycle manufacturers are responsible for ensuring that their products are safe; however, sometimes a faulty bicycle or bicycle part makes it to market and can cause a serious accident. If you have been in a crash due to a product malfunction, then you may be eligible to seek compensation from the manufacturer.
- Road Defects-The state or local government is often responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of roads and highways.
- Drunk Driving- Drinking and driving can have severe and often devastating consequences. Drunk drivers are less likely to notice cyclists on the road while they are driving, often causing accidents. Drunk drivers may be held liable for any bicycle accident that they may have caused.
- Wrongful Death- Losing a loved one is never easy, especially if the loss was at no fault of their own but due to another’s negligence and could have been avoided. If you have lost a loved one due to a bicycle accident, seeking legal help is probably the last thing on your mind. However, hiring an experienced attorney will help you and your family obtain the compensation and justice that you so desperately need to move on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Following a serious injury accident, you likely have questions about your rights, what type of compensation you might be owed, and how the legal process works. We have provided a few commonly asked questions, and their answers below. If you have specific questions about an accident that you were involved in, contact us at (888) 220-0640 to discuss your case with a knowledgeable bike accident lawyer today.
Depending on the specific circumstances of your accident, there are a number of people or entities that may be held responsible for your injuries. Possible responsible parties include drivers who behaved in a negligent or reckless manner, the manufacturer of the bicycle (if a defective part caused the accident), state and local government (if the accident was caused by unsafe road conditions or other reasons). Because each injury case is different, fault cannot be determined until a thorough investigation is performed.
Each case is different. We offer a free consultation to each of our clients to determine the best course of action and what kind of compensation you may be eligible for. If you suffered injuries from the accident, these payments could help with medical bills and lost wages. Compensation may also cover lost earning capacity, physical impairment, property damage and pain and suffering. If you lost a loved one due to a wrongful death in a bicycle accident, your family might be eligible for much more. Please contact us today at (888) 220-0640 to find out how we can help you.
It is highly recommended to wear a helmet at all times while riding a bicycle because any accident could potentially lead to a severe brain injury. Due to the relatively small size of a bike, there is little protection if you were to get into an accident and cyclists are at a higher risk for crash-related injuries. Currently, Texas does not have a statewide helmet law; however, in some cities such as Austin and Houston, children under the age of 18 must wear a helmet while riding. If you or someone you love was hurt in a bicycle accident and you were not wearing a helmet, this does not immediately mean that you do not have a claim. Contact an experienced bike accident lawyer today to discuss the details of your case.
Bicycle Accidents in the United States
For many Texans, cycling is a popular mode of transportation, recreation, and exercise, and consequently nearly 4 million Texans bicycle each year. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2014 there were 726 bicyclists killed in traffic accidents in the United States. The NHTSA also reports that an additional 49,000 cyclists were injured in a motor vehicle accident. These numbers are staggering, and it is vital that drivers and cyclists take proper measures to ensure cyclists safety on Texas roads
Williams Kherkher Will Fight For You
Williams Kherkher has been representing bicycle accident victims in Texas and across the United States for more than three decades and we are here to help you. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident due to another’s negligence, we are ready to stand by you and help you secure the fair and just compensation that you are owed by law.
Contact a Texas bicycle accident attorney today by chatting with us live on our site, fill out a contact form for a free case review, or call us at (888) 220-0640. We are ready to help you.